Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I have a new title

Though some have considered me a ministers wife for some time, the title is now official. Chris is now a legal pastor, minister, whatever you would like to call it. I am so proud of him!!! I can't wait to see what God does through him! I know it will be great, because so far it has all been good. Chris has been such a tool in so many people's lives this past year and a half, I can't begin to tell you. So many have seen Jesus through his ministry, I am so proud of him and what he does.

And what does Chris do? I guess the official announcement is severely overdue. Chris is the Education Director for Red Letter Missions, among other titles. Right now and for the past year he has been the Director of New Hope at New Life, a ministry that helps those people who need to overcome addictions and personal hang ups in their lives. He teaches ACTS, which is a NA/AA type class, Celebrate Recovery and several other classes.

So, I am an official minister's wife. This freaks me out a bit, because I do not feel I am that caliber of person. I measure myself against my mother, who by all accounts, is the best minister's wife I know. I feel like a little baby, when compared with all these other ladies I see. But the point is not to compare myself, as I am prone to do, but to support Chris in his ministry and live my life in a way that shows Jesus is Lord. The Stacey of 18 months ago does not exist anymore, I have been born again and the focus of my life is my Lord. I feel very blessed to be married to Chris, who even when times were black, never gave up on me.

The future holds many things for us, I am sure. Red Letter Missions will provide more excitement that I can keep up with I am also sure. I feel very lucky to be a part of it all and I can't wait to get to Kentucky and start working. Patience is a very hard thing...by the way. Chris and I plan to be in Kentucky in 2014, so that gives us a year to finish up our work here and prepare. I'm ticking off the days...

If you'd like to follow RLM you can do so on Facebook and you can visit our website at www.redlettermissions.org. Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment