Friday, August 7, 2009

I had one of those looks into the mind of normal people today that makes me hate them. This girl was bitching about this girl with mental illness neglecting her cats and so she turned her in to animal control. She thought more of the cats than the human that needed help. Everyone is so quick to save the cats, the dogs, the whatever....but to step in and help a human is out of bounds. That is wrong. The human can be left in hell to die, but save the damn cat. I love my cats, but not one of them is worth a human life. All I could think of is this poor girl is out there alone, trying to make it in a normal persons world and this other girl only cares about what happens to her cats. Where have our priorities gone when the animals are more important than the people? This is one of those things that makes my blood boil...the girl has a mental illness...so she's a bad person. No, that's not what it is...mental illness does not make her a bad person, it makes her a sick person who needs medical help. But normal people don't see it like that, they associate mental illness with bad behavior and bad people and think that it's their fault. It's not. Mental illness is not a choice, no more than any other disease. Mental illness does not make you a bad person! I'm not a bad person, I'm just like you only I am sick. I get up in the morning, I take care of my kids, I grocery shop, I drive my child to karate, I do all of the things normal people do. When I was at my sickest, I couldn't take care of my kids....but that didn't make me a bad person....all it made me was sick. Oh, it just pisses me off to no end...

No comments:

Post a Comment