Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Visiting the Past

When I was little, I always helped my dad work on his truck. When I say helped, I carried around a broomstick and played while he worked. lol Well, for the past 2 days I have got to relive my past a bit. The rack and pinion went out in my van and after waiting 3 weeks for the person who was supposed to fix it to show up, me, my dad and my brother did it. It took us 2 nights, but we got it done. And I have to say I enjoyed it. It was hard work and I got greasy, but I got to spend time with my dad and my brother in a way I don't normally get to spend time with them. We laughed and griped and got the work done. I got to fix a car with my daddy and I think it is a memory I will keep for a long time. I feel really lucky to have been able to spend that time with him. I look around and so many people don't have family that they can do that with. It's not an option, so to get to do it was an honor for me. A messy, greasy honor. I guess, too, that it made me feel younger. I've been feeling older here lately. 32 is not really old, but I've noticed that I'm the one griping about the teenagers driving and having loud music and it's kinda got to me. I can still laugh and have a good time, but my good time doesn't revolve around beer and loud music. I guess growing up happens more than once in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment